Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"The Brown Boy?"

We have a new addition to the family. He's about a foot tall, 2 feet long, black and furry. His name's iron man. He's our pet Shitzu and OHHHH the places you will go once you too join the elite club known as pet ownership. Much like houseownership except there is no appreciation on the initial investment.

So we go to Petco...you know WHERE PET' S GO to have him groomed. We spy another young boy in the aisle alone, he's been there for quite some time. So after a bit more time I ask him who he was there with, he said his dad and proceeded to walk away. I said hey just wait here, im sure your dad doesn't appreciate you walking off, he's probably worried. No sooner than those words left my lips did his father appear. He thanked me. I nodded story ended right? No

So The King (<--- My son) walks away and slips (ahh yes i forgot to mention it was raining, the floor was wet) and falls on the floor. Being the responsible father he is,  he used that as a teachable moment. He said be careful, see even the big kid fell. To which his son replied: The Brown kid?
Well I heard him but wasn't quite certain what to think of it at that moment, I began walking away. His father said did you hear what he said, He said the Brown kid?
I stated yes I did hear him and continued walking.

The end? NOPE

Said kid continued to walk and play with The King for the next 45 minutes.

I don't  know what to think of this and trust me I thought of it all within the past 2 weeks, I still have not come to a resolution and I suppose that I never will. The King didn't skip a beat but it made me wonder about what life will be like for him as a black male.

I suppose only time will tell.

1 comment: